Sentry Funding and the group of companies of which it forms a part (“we” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Sentry Advice Limited of 2a London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1AG.
We will collect and process the following data:
- Information you give us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms both in paper and/or on our Website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, use our services as a member or affiliate (which includes providing assistance and information to our member firms), participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and financial products/services providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Information we collect via CLAS. This is information about a Claimant and/or their legal claim through the civil courts that you give us via CLAS. It includes information you provide when we, and/or our associate companies and/or affiliates, use to process any application for third party legal funding. All information supplied by you and/or our Affiliates collected in CLAS is strictly confidential and will only be used for the purposes it was provided.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered user of our Website, and/or an approved member, we or third parties selected by us (which may include financial product or service providers) will only contact you with information about goods and services which are relevant to the range of financial services carried out by our registered user base. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us to confirm that you do not wish your data to be used in this way (see “Your Rights” below);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to you and others, and, if such is the case, to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers of financial products and services and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Sentry Funding or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (or any member of the group of which it forms a part), in which case personal data held by it about its customers, clients and registered users will be one of the transferred assets.
- All products and company names are copyrights, trademarks or registered trademarks of third parties.
Storage of data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any information stored on CLAS will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or through our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by writing to us at (for the attention of Data Protection Officer) Sentry Advice Limited, 2a London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1AG or at [email protected], with the subject line “Removal from Marketing Preferences”, providing sufficient information to enable us to identify you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our, for example, suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.